After our family website was hacked from a recently published security hole, I decided to wipe off the old site and start fresh, just in case there were lingering security problems from any of the other applications. I have installed the newest version of WordPress for the main portion of the site and PhpGedview for the genealogy portion. The newest version of PhpGedview doesn’t have the same security hole that existed just a month ago. It is great having people like John Finlay working to fix these issues as soon as they are discovered!
The biggest loss was that the hacker deleted our entire user database, but left our genealogy database intact. Any family member who used to have access, but no longer can login, will need to create a new user account using the same process as they did previously.